My Photo
Name:
Location: Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ollie's pitch count

Just got back from playing some basketball and was a little peeved to find the game not on TV, so I turned on the webcast. Nice to see Jack get a hit, especially one that then scored him. Say what you want about him making excuses or being weak or whatever, I like the guy. He'll come around soon.

Important things I've noticed:
1) Ollie's thrown 68 pitches through 5 innings, which screams "efficient pitching" to me. Especially given that, unfortunately, he also gave up back-to-back homers in the 4th.
2) He's yet to walk ANYBODY. After walking nearly 1 batter/inning in his last few starts, it's very refreshing to see an apparent command of his pitches come back.

Not sure what his velocity is like, anybody there to see it/hear about it?

--Jeremy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home