My Photo
Name:
Location: Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Checking in

I haven't been able to update for some time, mostly due to the new job that keeps me busy all day instead of having a lot of time to sit around and research stats etc. I haven't even been watching quite as much, so I just haven't had much to update with.

That said, I still have some things to go over. First and foremost, this calls for a nice, general "OUCH." Just everything. Hitting .500 then going 5-15, Ollie breaking his toe in a very Kevin Brown-esque move, losing 12-1 to the Phillies, the list goes on.

I was at the game Monday, and here are some things I noticed:
1) It's waaaaay too hot in Pittsburgh, and also far too humid. Somebody should fix that.
2) Tike Redman was, is, and will continue to be an absolutely awful fielder.
3) Matt Lawton apparently DOES know how to try in the outfield, he just usually chooses not to.
4) Michael Restovich is worthless, although he does have a pretty decent arm.
5) Lloyd STILL has no idea how to manage his baseball team when it comes to who should get playing time and where. Some things never change, I suppose.
6) There were still a ton of people at the game when it was 12-1 in the bottom of the 9th. I think this says something about both the Pirates and the fans.

More later on, whenever time allows.

--Jeremy

2 Comments:

Blogger dana said...

Just wondering... why do you have a picture of Tike "I'll trade him for a cheeseburger" Redman?

--dana

10:52 AM  
Blogger Zach XOR Jeremy said...

simple - my partner in crime picked the picture and I'm too lazy to change it.

--Jeremy

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home